Hours: Monday—Friday 7:00 a.m.—6:00 p.m.
Children of parents who work or attend school are provided with all-day all year childcare.
Professional staff provide educational and recreational programming, healthy meals, and all-day care except for seven major holidays.
Enroll with Run-Hao at (773) 989-7433.
SEAC Infant/Toddler serves children ages 6 weeks to 2 years. School open from 7:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. to help parents who work or attend school.
SEAC Preschool serves children ages 2 to 5 representing cultures from several continents around the world. School remains open from 7:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. to help parents who work or attend school.
SEAC Preschool is licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services and works under the auspices of the Chicago Department of Family and Support Services, and Illinois Board of Education.
All teachers at SEAC are certified by the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and exceed DCFS certification criteria. All pre-school teachers have BA, MA, or Ph.D. degrees.
SEAC Preschool is a part of the South-East Asia Center, a non-profit social service center and school which has been educating children and adults of many ethnicities since 1979.
Who should Consider SEAC Preschool
- SEAC welcomes and encourages a multicultural climate of ethnicities, races, religions, persuasions.
- Both parents work or attend school full time.
- Income within broad guidelines for subsidized daycare. Others enroll by paying full tuition.
- Parent(s) willing to attend parent meetings once a month.
- Pre-enrollment submission of health examination and shot records.
- All required paperwork, fees, medicals, shots, etc. submitted in a timely fashion.
- Arrival of children before 8:30 A.M. Pickup directly after work, but no later than 6:00 P.M.
- Notification of school on or before any day child absent. Absence limited to bona fide sickness or preapproved, limited days coinciding with parent vacations.
- Willingness to partner with SEAC in providing the best early childhood possible for your child.
- Ask about Park and Ride Option: Leave your car in our parking lot and walk or take “L” to work. Pick up your child and your car at the end of the day.
What Your Children Do
- Eat dietician-approved breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack.
- Develop language skills in English and home language.
- Learn interpersonal skills through teacher guided play and activities.
- Develop an understanding of world and environment through teacher-run experiments, reading and pedagogically appropriate play.
- Learn about New and Old World cultures from around the world.
- Learn games, songs, stories, dance and activities which become lifetime assets.
- Develop both large and small muscles and coordination through carefully selected indoor and outdoor activities.
For more information contact the Ainslie office.
1124-1134 W. Ainslie St. Chicago, IL 60640 Tel: (773) 989-7433 Fax:(888) 831-5471